If you are planning to make a permanent change to your home, how do you decide what the best materials are for your project? Start by looking 5 years, 10 years into the future of your home. Do you expect the changes you make today to still be a good investment in the future?
There are a lot of different products and materials available for your project and the choices you make will have a long term effect on the appearance, comfort, quality, and equity value of your home. Here are a few simple tips that can be applied to nearly any home improvement project on how to find and use the best materials.
Using the best materials
- If you are doing a project yourself, be sure to ONLY buy from a reputable company that is licensed to sell the product.
- A quality dealer/manufacturer will probably not be the cheapest route you can go however this is one area where you truly do get what you pay for, don’t skimp on the quality products.
- Making sure the company is licensed to distribute and warranty products they sell is a big factor too. Quality products have quality companies behind them that have resources available should there ever be an issue.
- If you hire a contractor for any of your home improvement projects make sure they are too are licensed to work in your area and they can handle the project.
- Be sure to ask about warranty’s and what-ifs should there be a problem. A quality contractor will be with you every step of the way and will work to make your project a resounding successful one.
- Be sure that they are an authorized dealer of the product. There is good reason why companies only work with certain contractors. For example, Capital Improvement has to undergo extensive product training and manufacturing education before we are able to become an authorized dealer for many of the products we use.
- With any product, no matter if purchased through the contractor or directly, be sure to get product life details in writing. Most quality products will have extensive materials with this information.
Capital Improvement is here to help help you choose the best products to fit your home and your budget. Whether you use us or do it yourself we can help educate you and protect your investment. Schedule your free NO OBLIGATION consultation today.