Fiber Cement Siding Designed for Our Climate
Capital Improvement has always been a leader in the siding industry due in part to the selection of premium fiber cement siding, including the highest performing fiber cement siding in the industry today. Capital Improvement’s professional and specialized teams are ready to protect and beautify your home or business with premier fiber cement siding from Hardie Board. Learn more by calling our Hardie Board experts today.
Fiber Cement Siding Installation Process
When upgrading the exterior of your home with fiber cement or “Hardie Board” siding the following steps are adhered to:
1) Removal of existing siding with proper disposal of materials with asbestos and/or lead based paint.
2) Framing repairs to stud walls. This is especially important with older homes.
3) Insulate exterior walls with 4½” R13 insulation.
4) Install new ½” wall sheathing.
5) Install radiant barrier to create vapor barrier and inhibit heat transfer.
6) Install soffit and fascia.
7) Install AZEK Corner trim to create a truly water proof corner.
8) Install window trim and flashing.
9) Install fiber cement siding with flashing behind adjoining pieces.
10) Paint soffit, fascia and window trim two coats w/ anti-microbial additive.
11) Paint fiber cement siding and AZEK corner trim two coats w/ anti-microbial additive.
12) Clean job site thoroughly.